Mission and Purpose
The purpose of the program is to move sustainable production forward through innovation, application of new technology, demonstration, outreach/extension, and education, ultimately resulting in increased sustainable production and supply of strawberries to American consumers.
Successful projects will have:
- Eligible applicants that are land-grant colleges and universities (1865, 1890, 1994) or state funded public universities and colleges
- Partnerships with industry such as growers/grower organizations, breeders, distributors, suppliers, etc.,
- Focus on dissemination, education and outreach of technology, innovation, and transfer of practices that improve the sustainability of strawberry production, food safety and marketing,
- Demonstrated and measurable outcomes and impacts.
- Anticipated awards of $50,000 to $200,000 with a 12 month timeline.
- Heather Friedrich, Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, 479-575-2798.